Monday, April 6, 2015

Some interior paint, and Rudder pedals


Starting to wrap up the fuselage kit, Allen has turned his attention to some interior painting. Here is his update:
This week was a 4 day effort that consisted of metal prep  and painting the inside  fuselage , and installing the rudder pedal and brake assembly. 

The paint process :
All surfaces are given a scuffing with maroon Scotchbrite to give the coating a good sub straight to stick to. A coat to Sherwin Williams industrial wash primer is applied . The top coat is Sherwin Williams Polaine T polyurethane high solid enamel . I used this coating for many years in my manufacturing business and the physical properties to be very close to a power coated finish . The material was reduced by 33% and this gave us a nice textured finish that will last for many years . I will use Sherwin Williams Aerospace Coating ( Arcy Glow Conventional ) for the exterior ,,,, but more on that later .












Allen and I next to the fuselage!

Of course I had to sit in it!  The textured finish on the paint is really nice and seems very durable.  I can not get over how solid the airplane feels and how roomy it will be.  
-Zak

1 comment:

  1. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work!. Aluminum Siding painting

    ReplyDelete